January 22, 2015

In the beginning...

there was a child who wandered.

A wanderlust's heart is forever searching for just one more place to go...just one more thing to do. I want to see everything twice. I know this because my seven year old self wrote it down in a time capsule book that I just recently stumbled upon. So, this has be a thing, right? This constant searching for more and never feeling like I've ever done enough or seen enough? Yeah, it's definitely a thing...and it's my thing.

What's so fantastic about this journey I'm on is that I've found my place. I feel like I'm on the right path and that it will lead me somewhere. Well, somewhere, duh, but to the "where" that I'm meant to be.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain


I certainly don't expect to find out why I am here, at least not for a very long time, but what I can say is that I'm delighted to be alive and I feel like I'm breathing for the first time! You could call this day maybe the third most important day of my life as it's the day I truly started living.

I've started blogs before. That's another "thing" of mine. These sudden bursts of creativity are great and I mean well, really I do. But, they don't last. A wanderlust who struggles with follow through. Yikes. This has the potential to be a disaster but don't worry, I'm prepared. I have at least another 10,000 brilliant ideas in my head just waiting for their chance to sweep me off my feet. 

This new blog of mine will be meant to capture my life as it unfolds. Yes, it's dramatic and chaotic and fast-paced and super boring and fantastic and shitty and I promise you will LOVE every moment of it! So, sit back and enjoy the ride...and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment